High School band plays on

High School band plays on

Caney Valley High School band was top 10 in the small band tournament. Caney Valley band practices have been taking place in the south side of the Caney Valley High School. Not a lot of people notice but all the band members have been working very hard the whole year. They’ve been having rehearsals every morning before school and they haven’t missed a football game or parade. 

Mrs. Messner has high expectations for her band,  “My expectations for this year as all years is very high. I want my students to do the best that they can always and perform at their best abilities.”

CVHS band drum major, Alex Nacin, who plays on trombone was selected for southeast KMEA honor band and she is now auditioned for all state band.

Mrs. Messner said, “Alex has had many achievements in her career in band. She has been in numerous honor bands, competed in solo contest and has represented our band and school very well wherever she has been.”

Mrs. Messner hopes students will join the band because, “Band and music are always with you. You can not play an instrument for years but when you pick one up it all comes back to you. Band gives you scholarships just like other activities and athletics do. Band/music will never leave you and it’s always around you.”